This story originally appeared on 6abc.
Some parking restrictions for the 2022 Mummers Parade will go into effect on Monday.
Parking is prohibited starting at 6 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 27 through 6 p.m on Sunday, Jan. 2, on the east side of 15th Street from John F. Kennedy Boulevard to South Penn Square.
The following road closures and parking restrictions will go into effect later this week:
Tuesday, Dec. 28
Two eastbound travel lanes on 15th Street will be closed from John F. Kennedy Boulevard to South Penn Square starting 7 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 28 through 7 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 2 for equipment load-in and staging. 15th Street may be closed completely for short intervals during this timeframe.
Wednesday, Dec. 29
Parking is prohibited from 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 29 through 6 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 2, on the west side of 15th Street from Arch Street to Ranstead Street. Street/sidewalk vendors will not be permitted to park in this area during this timeframe.
Thursday, Dec. 30
15th Street will be closed to southbound traffic at John F. Kennedy Boulevard on Dec. 30, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Noon) for equipment delivery and setup.
Friday, Dec. 31, 2021
Parking is prohibited on the following streets from 4 a.m. on Dec. 31 through 6 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 1:
- Market Street from 15th Street to 21st Street (both sides)
- John F. Kennedy Boulevard from Juniper Street to 20th Street (both sides)
15th Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from John F. Kennedy Boulevard to Market Street from 10 a.m. on Dec. 31 through 7 a.m. on Jan. 2.
Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 15th Street to 16th Street from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2021. At 3 p.m., Market Street will re-open and traffic will be permitted to travel eastbound on Market Street to 15th Street and continue southbound on 15th Street.
Saturday, Jan. 1
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 3 a.m. on Jan. 1 through the conclusion of the parade:
- 15th Street from Arch Street to Chestnut Street
- Market Street from 15th Street to 16th Street
Broad Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from South Penn Square to Washington Avenue on Jan. 1 beginning at 7 a.m. through the conclusion of the parade.
Vehicular traffic will not be permitted to cross Broad Street while the parade is in progress. Delays can be expected during the course of the event. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes and allow for extra driving time in areas near the event. Those driving should also refrain from double-parking, which creates congestion, limits traffic flow, and is illegal.
Additional parking restrictions on Jan. 1.
Temporary “No Parking” zones will be in effect from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Jan. 1 on both sides of the street unless otherwise noted:
- Broad Street from Arch Street to Ellsworth Street
- Juniper Street from John F. Kennedy Boulevard to South Penn Square (east side)
- South Penn Square from Juniper Street to 15th Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 16th Street to 20th Street
- North Side of Logan Circle
- North Broad Street from Cherry Street to John F. Kennedy Boulevard
- 16th Street from Chestnut Street to Race Street
- 17th Street from Ben Franklin Parkway to Ludlow Street
- 18th Street from Race Street to Ludlow Street
- 19th Street from Ben Franklin Parkway to Chestnut Street
- 19th Street from John F. Kennedy Boulevard to Market Street
- 1500 block of Ranstead Street
- 1300 block of Carpenter Street
- 1000 block of South 13th Street
- Chestnut Street from 15th Street to 18th Street (north side)
- Cherry Street from 15th Street to 17th Street
- Arch Street from 15th Street to 17th Street
- Washington Avenue from 12th Street to 18th Street
Masks are a must
Attendees must wear a mask along the parade route regardless of vaccination status.
Attendees are encouraged to use the SEPTA Broad Street and Market-Frankford Lines to access the parade area.
Bus detours, alerts, and general information can be found on SEPTA’s website.