WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
Take two nationally respected rock critics, the latest music news, personal commentary, and exclusive interviews and performances, add a huge pile of records old and new, and the result is Sound Opinions--the world's only rock and roll talk show.
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- The problems with biofuels and feeding the world's growing population Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Using corn and soybeans for energy contributes to rising food prices and food scarcity. So should we stop investing in biofuels? Are there some kinds of biofuel that might be more effective? [...]
- Ballot Talks: Discussing the Republican Party in Philadelphia Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — A look at the state of the Republican Party in Philadelphia. With many unsatisfied with the Democratic dominance in the city, how can the local GOP position itself as a viable alternative? [...]
- Is there a science to love and trust? Voices in the Family — Renowned relationship expert, Dr. John Gottman, joins for the hour to discuss his forty years of research into marital stability. At The Gottman Institute, which he co-founded, he has studied couples' verbal and non-verbal communication over a long period of time [...]
- Grow your own sprouts! You Bet Your Garden — Cold weather can’t stop you from growing your own sprouts! Mike McGrath discusses the rules of safe sprouting and micro-green growing. Plus: Beloved children's show host, Gene London, brings historic Hollywood to the Flower Show.
- Extended Stay Skytalk — Busy ramp-up at International Space Station; both Russian and SpaceX Dragon resupply craft made deliveries recently in advance of two astronauts arriving next month with the goal of spending an entire year in space.
Listen: On Tour
John Oates is featured this week on On Tour. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »