WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
A thought provoking, engaging and timely show that tackles wide ranging issues of concern to listeners in the Delaware Valley, the nation and beyond. A rebroadcast of the morning show.
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- The state of renewable energy in the United States: Technology, policy, and the latest trends Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Marty speaks with WILLETT KEMPTON, professor of Earth, Ocean, and Environment of the University of Delaware, and ALEX GUILLÉN, energy reporter for POLITCO Pro, to discuss [...]
- Donald Kraybill's "Renegade Amish: Beard Cutting, Hate Crimes, and the Trial of the Bergholz Barbers" Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — In the fall of 2011, the Amish community in eastern Ohio was shaken by a string of beard-cutting attacks on men perpetrated by other Amish community members. Sixteen people were [...]
- When did we get so old? Voices in the Family — Inspired by a New York Times article of the same name, written by Michele Willens, the conversation in Voices in the Family focuses on th mental preparedness (or lack thereof) for aging. For boomers, the "what, me, get old?" generation, denial of aging is an important and difficult issue to tackle.
- Let dragonflies eat your mosquitoes You Bet Your Garden — Dragonflies are voracious predators of mosquitoes and other airborne annoyances. Mike McGrath reveals an easy way to coax these beauties into eating your pestiferous problems! Plus: Mike speaks with the co-founder of Mole Zap/Ant Zap about a new cure for moles.
- Savor what’s left of summer Skytalk — Autumnal Equinox arrives at 10:29 pm Monday, 9/22. Since it takes quite a bit of time for water to heat up, it also takes a long time for it to cool so the ocean at the shore is still pretty warm even though the season's changed and the air temps are cooling perceptibly.
Listen: On Canvas
Livingston Taylor is featured this week on On Canvas. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »