WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
Get a fresh perspective of people, events and trends that shape our world. A mix of news, features, interviews and music from around the world presents an engaging portrait of the global community.
Listen » (For use with Real, iTunes, Quicktime, Winamp)
Listen with Windows Media Player » (may not work with all versions)
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- Defining hate crime Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — On Sunday, three people were shot dead outside a Jewish community center near Kansas City, Missouri. The man charged with their murder is 73-year-old Frazier Glenn Miller, a prominent white [...]
- Parenting styles and children’s lives Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — How do parents influence their children’s achievement in school and in life? Penn sociologist ANNETTE LAREAU set out to answer that question in the late 90’s when she began following 12 middle class, working class [...]
- Wisdom Voices in the Family — When we hear the word wisdom, most of of think of the qualities of reflection, compassion, and cognition. We think of a type of knowledge that is gained through a lifetime of experience, but does everyone necessarily gain that knowledge? Dr. Dan Gottlieb and his guests [...]
- Did this miserable winter wipeout mildew and blight? You Bet Your Garden — Mike McGrath chats with listeners about tamarind trees, how to build and fill a raised bed garden, how to plant for privacy, the best way to get rid of ivy, maintaining a daffodil display, the importance of rotating or mixing crops, a rose care regime and whether [...]
- Help wanted: Asteroid nudging notions needed Skytalk — NASA crowd-sourcing for ideas on how to bring an asteroid into lunar orbit. Open to companies, universities, non-profits. Intent is to bring back all or part of an asteroid for study in lunar orbit by 2020 as practice for deep space missions. Proposals due May 5th. Get busy!
Listen: On Canvas
Michael Martin Murphey is featured this week on On Canvas. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »