WHYY-FM: Where you go to know
WHYY-FM can be heard on 90.9 in Philadelphia and in New Jersey on: 90.3, Cape May Court House; 89.9, Manahawkin; 89.7, Atlantic City; 89.3, Bridgeton; and 88.1, Berlin.
What's on now — Listen Live
Fresh Air opens the window on contemporary arts and issues with guests from worlds as diverse as literature and economics. Terry Gross hosts this multi-award-winning daily interview and features program.
The latest from WHYY's radio programming
- A look at the dubious expenses of Pennsylvania's lawmakers Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — In this edition of Ballot Talks: Allentown Morning Call reporter STEVE ESACK and database editor EUGENE TAUBER join Marty to discuss their ongoing series of exposés in which they uncover some of the [...]
- A conversation with novelist Richard Ford Radio Times with Marty Moss-Coane — Much to the joy of his many fans, RICHARD FORD has brought his fictional character Frank Bascombe back to life. Frank, the narrator of three of Ford's previous novels is an "everyman" kind of guy [...]
- Performance anxiety Voices in the Family — Whether it's a professional athlete or a school report -- or maybe even a talk show host preparing for a Ted Talk -- we all relate to performance anxiety. How do we quell that dreaded fear of failure? Sports psychologist Joel Fish will tell us how elite athletes prepare for competition [...]
- What to do when houseplants outgrow your house! You Bet Your Garden — Can a massive philodendron possibly survive winter outdoors? Mike McGrath discusses what to do when houseplants get bigger than your house. Plus: Answers to all your growing questions.
- This shower is a mere trickle Skytalk — Leonid Meteors are visable late tonight into dawn tomorrow, although Leonids are a weak shower. Other night sky treats include: Mars early in the evening, Orion rises at 8 p.m., Jupiter late in the evening, 11:30 p.m. Moon also visible in the pre-dawn sky this week. Mercury very low in the east at 6 a.m.
Listen: On Tour
Coco Montoya is featured this week on On Tour. Elisabeth Perez Luna reports »