This week, NewsWorks brings you our 50 favorite pictures that appeared on the Northwest Philadelphia pages during 2012.
Think we missed any? Agree or disagree with our unscientific rankings?
Please let us know in the comments or via email (with “Top 50 Photos” in the subject line) and we’ll check out your suggestions.
20. “Despite heat Chestnut Hill continues bike parade tradition on Independence Day” (July 4) Kevin DeCristofano-Fishgall sports patriotic eyewear. (Jana Shea /for NewsWorks)
19. “Teutenberg and Serebryakov take the Philly bike race wins” (June 3). Cyclists make their way up the Manayunk Wall for the 2012 Philadelphia International Cycling Championship. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
18. “Even police are surprised by what a radar gun finds on Henry Ave. and Kelly and Lincoln drives” (Sept. 28). NewsWorks Editor Brian Hickey clocks the speeds of drivers traveling along Henry Avenue in Philadelphia. (Matthew Grady/for NewsWorks)
17. “Imhotep Charter thrashes West Catholic to win subregional football title [Gallery]” (Nov 18). Star running back David Williams plays for the Imhotep Panthers after having transferred from West Catholic. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
16. “McKeeman and Mashkantceva win 2012 Philly Marathon” (Nov. 18). Michael McKeeman of Ardmore, Pa. passes runners heading into East Falls as he runs back to Center City for the 2012 Philadelphia Marathon. McKeeman ended up winning the men’s division of the race. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
15. Complete Sandy Coverage (Oct. 27) A downed tree from Superstorm Sandy leaves this car in its wake on Midvale Avenue. (Brian Hickey/WHYY).
14. “Photos: Roxborough High prom at the Sheraton Society Hill” (June 4) Roxborough High student Chelsea made the grand entry of the night with rain and headlights in the background. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)
13. “Northwest Philly dog burnings draw 100 people and pooches to PSPCA rally” (July 13). Panzer, a doberman pinscher, gets some extra attention at the Justice for Chloe and Hercules rally against animal abuse at the PSPCA headquarters in North Philadelphia. (Brad Larrison/For NewsWorks)
12. “Lead plaintiff in Voter ID lawsuit gets birth certificate, still can’t vote legally” (May 23). When Viviette Applewhite’s birth certificate arrived on her 93rd birthday, she “had a fit” since she’d been waiting for so long. (Kimberly Paynter/for NewsWorks)
11. “Harry Potter Weekend serves up ghost stories, costumes and Quidditch in Chestnut Hill” (Oct. 29). Winners of a Halloween costume parade in Northwest Philadelphia receive prizes and applause. (Bas Slabbers/for NewsWorks)