Well, these aren’t the questions they read or answered. But three of these are about ’em. Then, there’s three about the people they’re running against and three more about some mayoral-related things.
Some are easy; some aren’t. Good luck!
(Answers at the bottom.)
1. Which candidate was once quoted in the Inquirer as saying, “I have not had a drink on Broad Street in the parade, ever. My first drink is sometimes 11 o’clock at night, down on 2nd Street. They take the suit off your back if there’s any hint of drinking”?
2. Which candidate will “be happy as the mayor, with my wife, to teach you how to do some salsa”?
3. True or false: Milton Street sold hot dogs for $3 at a 1996 Bill Clinton event at the University of Pennsylvania’s Hill Field?
4. As Mayor Michael Nutter’s spokesman in 2008, Doug Oliver had vanity plates on his Chevy Tahoe. What did it spell?
b) NO CMMNT
c) DOUG 411
d) MIC CHEK
5. Which candidate is a self-described “very accomplished trash picker”?
6. How old was Anthony Hardy Williams when he “easily won the nomination to fill the state House seat formerly held by Peter D. Truman”?
7. When Steven Colbert did a show at Penn before the April 2008 Presidential primary, an episode on which Mayor Michael Nutter appeared, who sang “The Star Spangled Banner”?
a) Will Smith
b) Jill Scott
c) John Legend
d) Katy Perry
8. What was the name of the club where Michael Nutter said he DJ’d in his younger days?
9. According to the first-ever post on NinetyNine, a mayor of Philadelphia’s last name has never started with what seven letters?