Fire sparks inside basement of Montclair State gym

    A fire that sparked in the basement of the gym of Montclair State University damaged a mechanical room early this morning.

    The Star-Ledger reports the fire sparked around 1 a.m. in the basement of Panzer Gymnasium.

    Firefighters managed to contain the fire to just the mechanical room.

    The Star-Ledger reports no one was injured in the fire.

    Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

    Help us get to 100% of our membership goal to support the reporters covering our region, the producers bringing you great local programs and the educators who teach all our children.