Here’s a look at what’s to come this week:
1. Fourth District City Councilman Curtis Jones Jr. is set to open up his district office in Roxborough this Friday – right across from the Custard & Cakes Creamery. Check back next week for more details on the space on the corner of Ridge Avenue and Hermit Street.
2. A Roxborough woman facing murder charges is scheduled to appear in Municipal Court on Tuesday. Geraldine Cherry was recently arrested after allegedly killing her roommate. Check back this week for more details.
3. The final free concert at Pastorious Park in Chestnut Hill will be held this Wednesday. The Dukes of Destiny, a blues group, will hit the outdoor stage at 7:30 p.m. NewsWorks will be on hand, as it has throughout the series, to bring you photos and more from the evening.
4. U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah will stop by Wired Beans Café in Germantown this week. The independent coffee shop recently opened inside the recently erected Chelten Plaza strip mall. NewsWorks will sit down with the longtime lawmaker inside the Chelten Avenue business.
5. Philadelphia Officer Marc Brady was recently rundown by a car while riding his bike in East Mount Airy. The incident, involving the current boyfriend of Brady’s ex-girlfriend, was allegedly intentional. The matter heads to court this week. NewsWorks will be there to cover.