Saturday ,November 19, 11am-6pm and Sunday, November 20, 11am-6pm. 23rd Street Armory, 22 South 23rd Street. Scour Art Star’s curated craft bazaar’s selection of 55 local and national vendors. Think quirky art objects in every medium. Free.
Saturday, November 19, 9am-noon. Neighborhood organizations all over the city are working with TreeVitalize to plant trees on Saturday morning. Rain or shine, bring tools and prepare to roll up your sleeves. Here are a few ideas:
- Lower Moyamensing Civic Association is holding its 7th tree planting from 9am-noon; Volunteers to help plant 5o new trees should meet at South Philadelphia High School (Broad and Snyder).
- Passyunk Square Civic Association plans to plant 41 trees; Volunteers should meet at Capitolo Playground (9th and Federal) at 8:45 for coffee and Federal Donuts.
- UC Green will plant 61 trees in University City from 9am-noon. To volunteer contact Winnie Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
- South of South Neighborhood Association will plant more than 40 trees around the Christian Street YMCA. New volunteers should meet at 9:30 behind the YMCA (Montrose between 17th and 18th). Email andrewd@
- Northeast Tree Tenders are organizing volunteers for Northeast Philly. Meet at 9am at Al Furqan Mosque (7252 Roosevelt Boulevard @ Cottman Avenue).
Sunday, November 20, starts at 7am at 22nd and the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Even if you’re not running in the marathon you can still participate. Turn out to one of the Cheer Zones, or rally on the Parkway for this year’s Philadelphia Marathon. Check the map if you want to cheer or steer clear of the whole thing.