March 31: Deadline for “first-level review” of AVI reassements
If you are among the Philly property owners who believe that your new property assessment is incorrect, the dealine to appeal for a first-level review with the Office of Property Assessment is March 31. (Because March 31 is a Sunday appeal forms will be accepted Monday, April 1.)
Completed appeal forms and any supporting documents should be mailed no later than March 31 to the Office of Property Assessment (P.O. Box 51498, Philadelphia, PA 19115) or may be put in “First-Level Review/Homestead” drop boxes at the following locations:
- 311 Walk-In Center: City Hall, Room 167
- Municipal Services Building: 1401 JFK Boulevard, Concourse level
- North Philadelphia Municipal Services Center: 2761 North 22nd Street
- Northeast Municipal Services Center: 9239 Roosevelt Blvd (Rear)
- Appeal forms: Single family home appeal form or Commercial or Multi-Family Buidling appeal form
- What’s my new assessment?: Check the city’s AVI calculator if you’re not sure what your property’s new assessment is.
- Can I appeal the first-level revew result?: Yes. Appeals may be filed with the Board of Revision of Taxes before October 7, 2013.
- More Questions?: You can contact the Office of Property Assessment at 215-686-9200 and learn more about the assessment appeals process online.
WHYY is your source for fact-based, in-depth journalism and information. As a nonprofit organization, we rely on financial support from readers like you. Please give today.