Firefighters were dispatched to Wilmington Friends School Wednesday afternoon, to put out a second fire in as many months at the private Quaker school.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined yesterday’s fire was accidental. An investigation revealed the fire started in the roof area where construction crews were working on the building. Officials say sparks from construction equipment ignited flammable material on the roof. School was not in session and there were no injuries reported; however, damage is estimated at around $1,000.
Wednesday’s blaze comes a little more than two months after a massive fire that originated in the school’s auditorium. Arson was determined as the cause, resulting in about a million dollars worth of damage to the pre-K-12 school. Fortunately, no serious injuries were reported.
The State Fire Marshall’s office says the arson investigation into the April 17th fire is ongoing, as investigators continue to search for those responsible.