PlanPhilly editorial posting: Web administrator
PlanPhilly.com is a news organization and information-provider focused on design, planning and development in Philadelphia. Hosted by PennPraxis, led by a former Inquirer editor and staffed by former mainstream journalists, PlanPhilly adheres to traditional journalism standards while using the web and other social networking tools to advance understanding of built environment issues and provide transparency in public affairs decision-making. As PlanPhilly expands its coverage, our editorial team is seeking a web administrator who can support the managing editor in daily content production, copy-editing, and serving as a traffic cop to ensure the site is as up to date as a mainstream news site.
• Copy edit and pour content into website, under the supervision of the managing editor
• Connect content through external and internal linking
• Monitor other news and information sources and create summaries to brief PlanPhilly users
• Find and post design and planning related events
• Organize and maintain large photo archives
• Post videos and images to accompany content.
• Create and send email updates to subscribers using open source tools
• Manage the PlanPhilly user-database, including fulfilling database request for partner organizations.
• Manage various databases through data entry and data cleaning.
Position is ideal for someone looking for exposure to journalism and city planning and for experience in a fast-paced work environment. Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• An interest in design, development, planning and public affairs in Philadelphia
• A basic understanding of online content management systems or comparable blog software. Experience with DRUPAL or other open source content management systems is desirable.
• Knowledge of Philadelphia’s geography and neighborhoods is preferred
• A working knowledge of online resources like youtube, twitter, facebook and other social networking outlets
• Experience with video and digital camera equipment is preferred
• An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
• Hours and work location is flexible for this position
• Position is for a consultant or freelancer and provides no employee benefits
• Position is part-time and will likely require between 80 and 120 hours a month
• Compensation is negotiable and will be determined by experience.
Interested individuals should send resume to Managing Editor Matt Golas at firstname.lastname@example.org