Cooking accident led to Park Lane house fire

The cause of a major fire Sunday, July 9 at 655 Park Lane, was cooking equipment, according to fire Capt. Jeffrey Thompson of the Philadelphia Fire Department.

The fire broke out around 9 p.m. and engulfed two floors of the home before being brought under control around 9:30 p.m.

Thompson said that the Red Cross was called in as the home’s three occupants were displaced.

The fire marshal’s report did not mention injuries, according to Thompson.

Residents at the scene said that they saw what appeared to be the body of a pet being carried out of the home, but Thompson said he had no information with regards to a pet.

Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

It will take 126,000 members this year for great news and programs to thrive. Help us get to 100% of the goal.