A two-alarm blaze badly damaged a Point Boro house yesterday afternoon, authorities said.
The fire on Moore Avenue broke out around 4:30 p.m.
Arriving fire crews faced heavy fire conditions throughout the house and had retreat from the structure at one point, a fire official said.
Crews knocked down the bulk of the fire shortly after 5:00 p.m.
It was not immediately known what sparked the blaze.
Firefighters from Point Pleasant, Point Pleasant Beach, Herbertsville, Laurelton, and Brielle responded to the scene, with Bay Head and Mantoloking providing station coverage.
There were no injuries.
A fundraiser for the family, James and Lysbeth Ward and their three children, is ongoing here.