Over the course of the past several months, NinetyNine has posted a “Mayoral Race Quotes-of-the-Day Quiz” on varying days of the weeks.
Well here we stand, on the eve of the primary election, and what better way to test knowledge retention than revisiting some of the more notable quotes of the series?
The answers, as always, are tucked in at the bottom of the post, but we’re going without a hint net on this one, other than the fact that each mayoral candidate is included, and some more than once.
1) “We’re going to keep the city open 24/7 so millennials can party whenever they want to. You study all night, work all day, you want to get out there.”
2) “Teachers and principals did not cause that problems that we’re facing in the United States and in Philadelphia.”
3) “He couldn’t get in through the first floor, couldn’t get in through the second floor, couldn’t get in through the third floor, so that was a desperate attempt to try and get in through the attic.”
4) “I disagree with virtually everything Ms. Africa said, but I defend her right to say it because this is a democracy.”
5) “You know, Philadelphians are like Rocky. We may get dropped to the canvas and we just get up and keep on fighting.”
6) “It is not okay to joke about personal and potentially serious health issues and I regret that the comments were made, regardless of who made them.”
7) “We can do that right now, introduce a bill right now — public notice — that says if you don’t come get your property, don’t provide who you are and where you live, if we can’t reach you, then we are going to take your property.”
8) “I want some [marijuana], yes.”
9) “Lynne is so gracious and kind.”
Bonus) “Please don’t give up on your city. Don’t vote because you need government. That model has changed. Vote because government needs you.”