Here’s a look at what’s to come:
1. State Rep. Dwight Evans has represented Philadelphians in Harrisburg for more than three decades. Throughout his career, he’s helped steer funds directly to efforts in West Oak Lane, part of his district, and to the rest of Philadelphia. And he’s developed quite a reputation along the way. It’s all detailed in Evans’ recently released autobiography of sorts. Check back next week for more details.
2. For the second-straight year, we’ve combed through all of the stories we’ve done throughout 2013 and selected those we thought could use an update. We’ll bring you the latest throughout a week-long series we’ve dubbed “What Happened Next.” It all kicks off on Monday.
3. On Saturday, Manayunk held its first-ever winter solstice celebration. The inaugural event featured, among other things, giant oil drums being placed into Schuylkill River Canal and set ablaze. Check back next week for a full recap.
4. In 2008, NewsWorks editor and East Falls resident Brian Hickey was mowed down by a car in Collingswood, NJ after a night out with friends. Miraculously, Hickey awoke from the coma the accident put him in and was able to relearn the life basics we take for granted. But some symptoms of his traumatic brain injury still linger. Check back next week to learn more.
5. Manayunk’s Taqueria Feliz is among the newest addition to Main Street’s string of restaurants. It’s offering twists on traditional Mexican fare, including a dish that’s not for faint of heart: grasshopper tacos. Check back next week for more details.