Here’s a look at what is to come this week in Northwest Philadelphia.
1. Check back for a look at state Rep. Stephen Kinsey’s inauguration and community celebration. The event was held on Saturday in Germantown. Kinsey spoke about his goals for the upcoming year.
2. A little more than a year ago Bella Sophia Bonanni was born on an icy winter day. When her parents couldn’t make it to the hospital in time, her neighbors jumped in to help out. A “miracle on ice,” she was born on a sled atop an icy Roxborough street. Check back to see how Bella and her family are doing, and how they are celebrating her first birthday.
3. We’ll have scenes from the Philadelphia Sinfonia concert at the First Presbyterian Church in Germantown. The Philadelphia Sinfonia is an award-winning youth orchestra led by a former Germantown Friends School music department chair and featuring several area students.
4. Herb Magee is the basketball coach at Philadelphia University and is expected to reach his 1000th win this week. We’ll be there.
5. Check back to learn more about a $30,000 grant that the Jenks Academy for Arts and Sciences has recieved to support the schools improvement efforts. Check back for the details this week.