PlanPhilly reporters are following lots of stories this week: including rezonings on Delaware and Germantown avenues, SugarHouse expansion plans, and the Housing Authority’s surplus vacant property auctions.
PlanPhilly’s got you covered for this week’s raft of public meetings:
- This morning Kellie Patrick Gates is at City Council’s Rules Committee hearing where Councilman DiCicco will try to kill the rezoning he spearheaded for David Grasso’s music venue on North Delaware.
- Today’s Planning Commission meeting has a packed agenda and PlanPhilly is all over it. Kellie will report on the Chinatown tower development proposed at 10th and Vine, and SugarHouse’s proposed expansion. Amy Z Quinn will report on Northwest Philly proposals, including the rezoning of the former Magarity Ford property in Chestnut Hill, and affordable housing development in Nicetown.
- Jared Brey is still following the fate of zoning code reform. He’s also at the Planning Commission today to cover their discussion of Councilman Brian O’Neill’s bill to repeal and replace the zoning code – though not with the final version from the Zoning Code Commission.
- Meantime, JoAnn Greco is at the Historical Commission’s Architectural Committee meeting today and will cover tomorrow’s Parks and Recreation meeting.
On other fronts:
- Christine Fisher and Kara Savidge are following the Philadelphia Housing Authority’s vacant property auctions for PlanPhilly and Philadelphia Neighborhoods. There is an auction of bundled properties tomorrow.
- To sweeten this heavy news week, PlanPhilly also has a story about Shane’s Candy in Old City.