This story originally appeared on 6abc.
A wind chill advisory is in effect tonight for wind chills as low as 20 degrees below zero.
A Wind Chill Advisory goes into effect at 6 p.m. and lasts until 10 a.m. on Christmas Eve. This is for wind chills as low as -10 to -20. You definitely need layers, hats, gloves etc. if you are heading outside, even if for just a short period of time.
- Tonight: Partly to cloudy, windy and bitterly cold! Lows 4 to 9. Wind chills -5 to -20.
- Christmas Eve: Bitterly cold with intervals of clouds and sun, high 19. When you factor in the winds it will feel like it’s below zero in the morning and just the single digits all day.
- Christmas Day: Brisk and cold under mostly sunny skies, high 29 with wind chills in the teens.
- Monday: Partly sunny and remaining cold, but not as harsh, high 32.
- Tuesday: Clouds, some sun, high 38. Some flurries are possible at night.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, high 40.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny and warmer, high 45.
- Friday: Mostly sunny and mild, high 50.
Get daily updates from WHYY News!