Joe Paterno’s son says an allegation made by insurers that a boy told the longtime Penn State football coach in 1976 that he had been molested by former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky is “bunk.”
In a tweet sent early Friday morning, Scott Paterno says that “it would be great if everyone waited to see the substance of the allegation before they assume it’s true. Because it’s not.”
The unproven 40 year old allegation isn't that big a deal because it's bunk. Jackass. https://t.co/SOuIFP4ivZ
— Scott Paterno (@ScottPaterno) May 6, 2016
The allegation is revealed in an order issued by a Philadelphia judge in litigation between an insurance company and Penn State. Pennlive.com says the order also cites reports by unnamed assistant coaches they witnessed inappropriate contact between Sandusky and children.
Sandusky is appealing a decades-long sentence for abusing 10 boys. Paterno was fired following Sandusky’s November 2011 arrest and died of lung cancer in January 2012.