Donate

One injured in Mayfair house fire

One person was injured yesterday afternoon in a Mayfair house fire. After extinguishing the blaze in the home on the 3100-block of Hellerman Street, fire officials determined the fire likely started in the kitchen, but have not yet discovered the exact cause. An elderly man was treated for smoke inhalation.

Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

Help us get to 100% of our membership goal to support the reporters covering our region, the producers bringing you great local programs and the educators who teach all our children.