Missed Manayunk Restaurant Week? You get a second chance to savor, through Friday

If you missed it, there’s still time to get a taste of Main Street’s best restaurants. Manayunk Restaurant Week has been extended through Friday.

Last week, food-lovers traveled from the city and suburbs to get what Alicia Dietzmann, event coordinator for the Manayunk Development Corporation (MDC), calls the “$10, $20 or $30 dollar deals.”

It’s not every day that you can get a three-course meal for those prices on Main Street, and Dietzmann says after receiving positive feedback, the MDC called for an extension of the event.

“The restaurants will continue the deals they had last week,” said Dietzmann. “They have the option to offer a three-course meal for $10, $20 or $30, plus any other specials they want to offer.”

Michael Cassano, part owner of the Tomato Bistro, 102 Rector St., says the restaurant will continue to offer a $20 three-course meal that features salad, a pizza or small plate and a dessert.

“It’s our first year of business for the restaurant, so this is an opportunity to market ourselves more,” Cassano said.

Cassano has hopes that the event will be run separately from the Center City District Restaurant Week next year. He thinks that will encourage more people to venture to Manayunk.

“I’ve suggested it,” said Cassano, “I think it would make more sense.”

Brendan McGrew, owner and executive chef of Bourbon Blue, 2 Rector St., says the first week of the event was well-received by the public and it made sense to extend it an additional week.

“It’s an influx of people,” said McGrew, who views the event as a springboard for all businesses in the area. “Anytime you get that kind of exposure, it’s a good thing.”

For more information on participating restaurants and offers, visit www.manayunk.com

Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

It will take 126,000 members this year for great news and programs to thrive. Help us get to 100% of the goal.