Last week, NinetyNine had the chance to sit down with Joe Grace and Kate Hagedorn of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce to discuss the organization’s “Roadmap For Growth: A Vision for the City of Philadelphia” effort, particularly how it pertains to the mayoral race.
A longer story based on that conversation will be coming soon to NinetyNine. But the chamber sent out a press release Tuesday that warrants a separate post.
Specifically, answers from questionnaires sent to each candidate “asking them to detail how they plan to create jobs and accelerate growth in Philadelphia” will be posted online next week.
So now is a good time to preview the questions which they were asked.
They are as follows:
1. How many net new jobs will you create in your first term? How will you work with the business community to create them?
2. How would you assist sole proprietors to grow into small enterprises and increase employment? Please provide a specific example of how you would do so.
3. Specifically, how would you create efficiencies in Philadelphia’s operating budget and reform the cost structure of municipal government?
4. How do you view the mayor’s role in creating a well-educated workforce? How do you specifically plan to carry out that vision?
5. How do you view Philadelphia’s competitive standing compared to other cities with regard to taxes, regulations and job creation? How would you improve our city’s competitiveness as Mayor?
We’ll let you know as soon as the answers go live.