Carbon monoxide death first in Philadelphia since 2008

    The death of an East Oak Lane man this morning in the first carbon monoxide death reported isPhiladelphia since 2008. The man was found dead in his home, and a woman is being treated at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

    As the Inquirer reports, Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers says a dislodged chimney flue and blocked heater/chimney connection caused a back up of the odorless, colorless gas in the home.

     

    Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

    It will take 126,000 members this year for great news and programs to thrive. Help us get to 100% of the goal.