Staff writer Paul Nussbaum reports that SEPTA will receive $190 million from the federal stimulus package, which will help launch 28 projects on the transit authority’s wishlist as early as this spring. They include:
- Renovating Broad Street Subway stops at Spring Garden and Girard ($36.7 million);
- Purchasing forty electric-diesel hybrid buses to add to its fleet ($18.7 million);
- Upgrading hardware and software for the Subway-Surface Line ($5.2 million);
- Fiber optic cables for the Broad Street Subway and Market-Frankford El ($1 million);
- Extensive renovations for almost 20 Regional Rail stations.
Click here to read the full article.