Organizers are expecting more than 500 people at tonight’s meeting to discuss a methadone clinic set to open on the 7900-block of Frankford Avenue in Holmesburg.
The two-hour meeting at Lincoln High School is organized by the Holmesburg Civic Association, Mayfair Civic Association, Mayfair Business Association and Mayfair Community Development Corp., sparked by public opposition to the clinic.
A panel of speakers will address the issue before taking questions from guests.
- Fred Moore, President of HCA
- Joe DeFelice, President of the MCA,
- Mike Scotese, President of the MBA,
- Suzann St. Marie, Executive Director of the MCDC,
- Councilwoman Joan Krajewski,
- State Rep. Kevin Boyle,
- State Rep. Michael McGeehan,
- State Sen. Mike Stack,
- Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz,
- 15th District Capt. Frank Bachmeyer,
- Dennis Kulp, property leasing agent,
- Carl Primavera, attorney for The Healing Way, Inc
The meeting will run 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., and guests are encouraged to arrive around 5:30 to ensure the entrance to the what’s expected to be a crowded gathering.