WHYY’s News & Information Community Exchange (N.I.C.E.) is a mutual aid, journalism collaborative funded by the Knight-Lenfest Local News Transformation Fund. Managed by Eric Marsh, Sr, Community Outreach Organizer for WHYY, the goal of N.I.C.E. is to organize, support, and develop grassroots news and information content creators who serve their communities and who, in turn share content, sources, wisdom and audiences with WHYY and each other.
By utilizing the industry leading reputation and experience of WHYY, N.I.C.E. partners are able to collaborate with one another and grow their relationships and professional capacities while helping WHYY connect with diverse communities and build relationships and trust. For more information about N.I.C.E., check out our FAQ.
N.I.C.E. partners come from diverse communities and backgrounds from across the Philadelphia region but they each share a passion and track record for keeping their neighbors and audiences informed and connected.
Current N.I.C.E. partners include:
- P.O.C. (Proof of Consciousness) – Mad or Nah
- James Williams – Uptown Standard News
- Jill Smith – S.O.W.N.
- Daniel Tsao – New Mainstream Media
- Emma Restrepo – Dos Puntos Radio
- Dean Lloyd – Uptown Radio
- Sajda “Purple Queen” Blackwell – PQ1 Radio
- Conrad Benner – Streets Dept.
- Stephen and Carolyn Fillmore – The NW Local
- Malik Boyd and Kyndal Chase – HeartCityTV
- Nora Elmarzouky and Yaroub Al-Obaidi – Friends Peace and Sanctuary Journal