We’re talking to prolific Philadelphia muralist Nilé Livingston. We learn about Philly’s famous ballroom scene, and their most recent project that pays tribute to it. Nilé shows us that their practice is more than just putting paint on a wall. Making a mural takes a commitment to the community.
- Nilé Livingston website
- PGN story on the ‘Finally on 13th’ mural
- Streets Dept interview with Nilé
- Ballroom hall of famer Jacen Bowman shares his story
- William Way Community Center
- Finally on 13th assisting artists Ernel Martinez, Donna Grace Kroh, Yuliya Sermenova, Jingle Masters, Rosie Morales, and De’von Downes