The Willow Grove Avenue Bridge is officially reopen.
The bridge, which spans over the SEPTA’s Chestnut Hill West Regional Line tracks at the St. Martin’s station, was built in 1894. The original bridge has been replaced with a three-span, continuous structure and built to match the architecture of its time.
The new bridge provides a designated space for bicycle traffic and includes a new water and gas main.
The first vehicles to pass over the newly restored bridge was a 1909 Hupmobile, driven by Joe Van Schrijver, of Chestnut Hill.