Watch a special episode of “First” about health and technology on April 2 and connect online in real time with WHYY’s health reporters and expert guest Bob Cook, who will share insights on related health-industry trends.
WHYY’s health and science team has gathered stories on innovations driving healthcare. We’re reporting from Delaware and highlighting national trends.
Look for these stories and more on NewsWorks:
1. A pediatrician-led center offers reliable kids health information — from behavioral health reporter Maiken Scott.
2. Telemedicine improves health care access for local veterans — from health reporter Carolyn Beeler.
3. An urgent-care upstart competes for patients — from innovations reporter Zack Seward.
4. “Pain In the Neck” — you tell us what’s annoying about the healthcare system — from cartoonist Rob Tornoe.
5. A family doctor worries about the electronic records revolution — from senior writer Taunya English.
April 2: Watch and participate
First Extra — Health & Technology: social screeningTuesday, April 27:30 p.m.
Join WHYY’s health reporters as we watch the “First Extra — Health & Technology” show.
What did we miss? Do you know the rest of the story? Ask a follow-up question. We’ll be online to answer questions — and we’ve invited people from each story to log on and participate, too.
ModeratorZack Seward will guide the conversation. Zack is WHYY’s Innovations Reporter. He writes the NewWorks.org “Onward” blog and tracks technology and business startups across greater Philadelphia.
Expert GuestBob Cook will share insights on related health-industry trends. Bob is business editor for American Medical News.