Waldorf School’s move to historic Germantown church property gets zoning-board support

Plans to move the Waldorf School of Philadelphia to a long-empty historic Germantown church property are moving ahead with support from local groups and an OK from the zoning board.

It would mean salvation for the former St. Peter’s Episcopal Church at Wayne Avenue and Harvey streets, and bring activity to a significant two-acre property which has stood vacant since 2005. The Gothic stone church, chapel and parish building were designed and built by Furness and Hewitt between 1873 and 1883.

Read more

Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

It will take 126,000 members this year for great news and programs to thrive. Help us get to 100% of the goal.