The fire that destroyed several units of a Glasgow-area apartment complex Wednesday was accidental, according to the Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office.
Fire investigators say the fire at Fox Run Apartments started on the third floor deck, caused by discarded fireplace ashes. Fortunately, no one was hurt and a dog was safely rescued.
Flames broke out in the 2400 block of Squirrel Drive shortly after 9:00 Wednesday morning. The fire roared through the rooftops of three buildings in the complex, damaging 18 apartments. The Fire Marshal’s office estimates damages worth several hundred thousand dollars.
The Red Cross of Delmarva is assisting displaced residents.