Here’s a look at what we’ve got coming up this week.
1. With community staple The Fallser leaving the hands of longtime editor, Julie Camburn, this month, NewsWorks took the opportunity to take a look at the state of community news in Northwest Philadelphia. Check out our story on the current state of affairs of community news.
2. On Monday, members of the Germantown Community Charter School Coalition will meet with the School District of Philadelphia to publicly present details of the group’s application for a new independent charter school in the Northwest Philadelphia neighborhood. Check back for full coverage of the meeting.
3. Morgan Berman is CEO and co-founder of Milkcrate, a Philly-based tech start-up. Berman, a Philadelphia University graduate, was formally recognized by the United Nations Foundation on its global Top 10 Women to Watch list for an app that helps users make eco-friendly choices in everyday life. Check back for a NewsWorks profile on the enterpreneur.
4. We’ll have lots of holiday coverage for you early in the week including photos from Santa at the East Falls Presbyterian Church, the Holiday Tea at the Stenton House, Disney favorites Elsa and Anna in Roxborough and the annual Chestnut Hill house tour.
5. The Dover Quartet, an ensemble of Curtis grads, will be perfroming for the families staying at the Stenton Family Manor on Monday. Check back for a look at the evening.
6. Morris Arboretum’s annual Garden Railway is giving off holiday cheer and open to the public until Jan. 4. Check back this week for a look at the quarter mile of track featuring seven loops and tunnels with 15 different rail lines and two cable cars and nine bridges all set in the winter garden of the Chestnut Hill’s Morris Arboretum.