Here’s a look at what’s to come this week.
1. Little Jimmie’s Bake House had its grand opening on Friday — just in time for locals to pick up sweet treats for Valentine’s Day. Check back this week for a look at the festivities.
2. Mummers are taking over Main Street in Manayunk in just one week. Look for a preview and guide to the day. We’ll give you the details on how to get there, store and restaurant specials and what to look out for.
3. Germantown’s Vernon Park has long been struggling to become a center of the neighborhood. There are now plans in the works to install more pathway and improved lighting as well as bring playground furniture to the park this year. Partners include the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation, the Philadelphia Water Department and The Fairmount Park Conservancy. Check back to learn more about the plans and a proposed timeline.
4. Triple A Auto and the Wissahickon Interested Citizens Association has been in talks for weeks about the business’ plans to expand. Check back to see what the latest updates are.
5. Fourth District Councilman Curtis Jones Jr. announced his plans to run for office again this weekend. Check back for full coverage of the announcement and a look at his plans.