Here’s a look at what’s to come this week in Northwest Philadelphia.
1. We will take you through a roundup of what to do with kids to ring in 2015 in a cheerful and joyous way from parenting blogger Jen Bradley.
2. Kwanzaa celebrations have begun, and in Northwest, local community members celebrated at Enon Tabernacle Church on Saturday. Check back for a full recap of the food, dance and music.
3. We’ll be starting our week-long series looking at “what happened next” to the most interesting stories of the year. Wondering what happened to that new restaurant, a corrupt politician or an artist looking to raise funds for their next show? We’ll have the answers.
4. Chestnut Hill is already known for being one of the most heavily-treed areas in Philadelphia. Now a new campaign called “Re-Tree the Avenue” is gaining funds to line over seventy areas along Germantown Avenue and Bethlehem Pike in Chestnut Hill. We’ll have the full story.
5. Wissahickon residents might soon see one of Philadelphia’s newest murals take shape at the neighborhood’s regional rail station with help from community volunteers and students at Cook-Wissahickon School.