The Bryn Mawr Film Institute is one step closer to adding screens and programming for a movie theater, after commissioners in Lower Merion voted to adopt a zoning code amendment aimed to address parking needs earlier this month.
According to the Maineline Media News, the institute is in the process of negotiating a deal to expand on land owned by Main Line Health Realty and enhance a theater it took control of in late 2004.
The project would allow the institute to expand on Central Avenue, which is to the west of the theater. In return, the institute would swap its parking lot to the rear of the theater, according to the report.
The Mainline Media News reports the 1926 theater was taken over by BMFI to be operated as a venue for independent and art films.