One injured in Frankford fire

A 50-year-old man was injured yesterday after a fire broke out in his Frankford home. Flames broke out around 3 p.m. in the house on the 4200-block of Griscom Street.Firefighters were able to quickly control the blaze, but the man suffered second-degree burns to a third of his body, Action News reports. He jumped with his dog from the second story window when they became trapped in the house. His dog is safe.

Want a digest of WHYY’s programs, events & stories? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.

It will take 126,000 members this year for great news and programs to thrive. Help us get to 100% of the goal.