There is quite a bit to examine with fewer than seven weeks before voters go to the mayoral-primary polls.
So much, in fact, that we here at NinetyNine have again decided to present the money quotes from recent stories in quiz form. (Don’t worry, the answers are tucked away down.)
Your answer options: former mayor Ed Rendell, current mayor Michael Nutter, big-money donor Joel Greenberg (American Cities PAC) and mayoral candidates Lynne Abraham, Jim Kenney and T. Milton Street Sr.
1) “I don’t know any” Philadelphia movies besides Rocky.
2) “I get really angry when people say city workers are bums and don’t work hard.”
3) “This is purely altruistic. We view this as helping kids have a choice who are trapped in failing, oftentimes violent schools.”
4) “Can you help me with my VCR?”
5) “He has no money so he’s going to subway stations every morning, every afternoon, just like I did, hoping that lightning strikes.”
6) “I disagree with virtually everything Ms. Africa said, but I defend her right to say it because this is a democracy.”
1) Street at the Central High School mayoral forum 2) Kenney at the AFSCME endorsement event outside City Hall 3) Greenberg on an “ideological commitment” driving donations 4) Nutter to South Philly Stoop Lady Patsy 5) Rendell on mayoral candidate Doug Oliver 6) Abraham responding to hecklers at Wednesday night’s Equitability Forum