WPVI-TV reports that one of the men who rescued an unconscious man in a Wildwood Crest motel swimming pool got an electrical shock in his first attempt in the water.
Aztec Motel in Wildwood Crest, NJ. (Image via Google Maps)
17 year-old Christopher Martinez of Camden jumped into the pool and apparently stepped on a water filter that provided the electrical bolt, “My body tensed up, and I couldn’t stop shaking,” he told WPVI-TV.
The unconscious man was eventually rescued after the power to the pool was turned off. The victim identified as Greg Subiszak of Fair Lawn is reported in critical condition. The incident happened Saturday night at Aztec Motel.