Center City District Launches Plant!Philadelphia Fundraising Program
What: The Center City District (CCD) has created Plant!Philadelphia, a new fundraising program that will give both individuals and businesses the opportunity to participate directly in the effort to add healthy street trees and contribute to the citywide goal of planting 300,000 trees by 2015. Via either website (PlantPhiladelphia.org) or mail, donations will help the CCD plant new trees within its boundaries and replace damaged ones, while sustaining a routine schedule of pruning, watering, pest management and fertilization in order to keep William Penn’s vision of a green country town thriving for the next generation.
When: Thursday, April 29, 2:30 p.m.
Where: 16th and Market streets, SW corner, outside of the PNC Bank Building
Who: Speakers include:
· Michael DiBerardinis, Commissioner, Philadelphia Department of Parks and Recreation Commissioner and Senior Adviser to the Mayor, City of Philadelphia
· City Councilman Darrell Clarke (invited)
· Paul R. Levy, President & CEO, Center City District
· J. Willliam Mills III, President, PNC Bank
· Jane G. Pepper, President, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
· Drew Becher, Incoming President, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
· Dave Campoli, Vice President, REIT Management & Research LLC