This season, celebrate your park by giving back – support education and advocacy programs for Philadelphia’s parks and recreation! Consider a donation to the Philadelphia Parks Alliance (PPA) at this critical moment. Here’s why:
• PPA’s ongoing programs advance and influence sound policies and practices in support of a thriving Department of Parks and Recreation. PPA is the link between citizens and government. While community groups across the city work on behalf of their neighborhood parks and recreation, we are building a powerful citywide constituency whose goal is clean, green, safe parks for all Philadelphians.
• PPA is the go-to information source for all things park. Between our campaigns, actions, meetings, email blasts and up-to-date website, we get you the information you need to participate in the effort to ensure that parks are at the forefront of Philadelphia’s public interest agenda.
• The Mayor and City Council responded to PPA’s campaign for the establishment of guidelines to protect parkland. Having spearheaded the call that mandated the Commission to – for the first time ever – create guidelines for the protection and use of parkland, PPA is now working with experts, citizens and officials for the creation of an ordinance and related guidance that reflect best thinking and practices.
• PPA leads the ongoing effort for expanded and diversified park and recreation funding. PPA continues to organize constituents in support of much needed funding, while highlighting the value of Philadelphia’s parks to the social, economic and environmental potential of our city and region.
• PPA is studying the feasibility of creating a web-based interactive maintenance system. In the coming year, we will investigate potential programs to facilitate citizen engagement and participation in the maintenance of their park and recreation facilities.
Please support us so that we can continue to do what we do best. Renew or become a member of the Philadelphia Parks Alliance today. Your tax deductible contribution can easily be made by clicking here.
Don Kligerman Lauren Bornfriend
Board President Executive Director