The Schuylkill River Trail has been nominated as one of the 10 Best Urban Trails in USA Today’s 10 Best Reader’s Choice Awards. It is one of only 20 trails nationally to be nominated. Vote to make it #1! Click here to vote
Voting is open until Monday, July 20th, 2015 at 11:59am EDT.
- MKT Nature and Fitness Trail – Columbia, Mo.
- Schuylkill River Trail – Philadelphia
- Buffalo Bayou Park – Houston
- Indianapolis Cultural Trail – Indianapolis
- Swamp Rabbit Trail – Greenville, S.C.
- Rose Kennedy Greenway – Boston
- Atlanta BeltLine – Atlanta
- Mount Vernon Trail – Washington
- American River Bike Trail – Sacramento
- Forest Park Trails – Portland, Ore.
- Minuteman Bikeway – Boston
- Boulder Creek Path – Boulder, Colo.
- Lakefront Trail – Chicago
- Manhattan Waterfront Greenway – New York
- River Walk and Mission Trail – San Antonio
- Burke-Gilman Trail – Seattle
- Grand Rounds/Midtown Greenway – Minneapolis
- Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike Trail – Austin
- Griffith Park Trails – Los Angeles
- Louisville Loop Trail – Louisville
The multi-use Schuylkill River Trail has a projected length of almost 130 miles when complete. There are currently over 60 miles of finished trail, including a 26-mile stretch from Philadelphia to Phoenixville. The Schuylkill River Trail in Philadelphia is approximately 10 miles in length, providing recreational space in the city. Schuylkill Banks, located between the Fairmount Water Works and Locust Street, is a linear park that hosts a variety of entertainment and recreational events throughout the year.