Certified Financial Planner and Your Personal CFO columnist Jim Heisler is hosting two upcoming webinars about financial planning.
As part of his role at Family Wealth Services, LLC, Jim focuses on women’s financial planning. You can find details for the webinars below. Both are free, but require registration.
Wednesday, June 8, 7 p.m. — “Savvy Social Security Planning: What Women Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income”
After being told for years that Social Security is “going broke,” women are realizing that it will soon be their turn to collect. But the decisions you make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits you stand to receive over your lifetime.
Things you’ll learn at this webinar:
- Five factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits:
- When it makes sense to delay benefits — and when it does not
- Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Monday, June 13, 7 p.m. — “Do you Have a Tailored Financial Plan in Place?”
Everyone can benefit from a financial plan that is tailored to individual needs and circumstances. A financial roadmap can motivate you to save money, help you meet your financial goals, and improve your overall financial security now and in the future.
- How to construct a budget and the importance of establishing an emergency fund
- Credit fundamentals
- Basic investment concepts, including risk tolerance and the difference between pre-tax, after-tax, and tax-deferred investments
- Basic estate planning concepts
- You’ll also receive a free workbook created just for this presentation. The workbook contains key information, worksheets and questions to help you remember important points from the seminar.
To reserve a spot in these seminars, contact Jim Heisler at 215-332-4968 or jim AT familywealthservices.net, 8725 Frankford Ave.
Jim Heisler is a Certified Financial Planner with Family Wealth Services in Holmesburg. You can read all his Financial Perspective columns here.
Registered Representative, Securities offered through Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., A Broker/Dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC and Investment Advisor Representative, Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc. a Registered Investment Advisor. Family Wealth Services, LLC and Cambridge are not affiliated.
Jim Heisler, CFP®, CDFA™, CASL™ Family Wealth Services, LLC is located at 8275 Frankford Ave. (215-332-4968)
The views expressed are not necessarily those of Cambridge and should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any security. These situations are hypothetical in nature and do not represent a specific client.