An 11 -year old boy is dead after being electrocuted at a SEPTA station.
Jewel Angelo was found lying on the ground at the Wayne Electric Facility in Germantown early Sunday morning. Investigators believe he and some friends wandered away from a block party the night before.
The gated area is accessible by foot by following a number of railroad tracks. SEPTA Spokesperson Richard Maloney says all the details are still unclear.
“Unfortunately, this fellow climbed up the ladder on the side of one of our rail trains which was in storage there,” says Malone, “and climbed up onto the roof and somehow touched the electrical equipment on the top and was electrocuted.”
Maloney says the train electric power systems carry 11,000 volts. He says this type of accident has not happened in a SEPTA facility for at least 20 years.