As we begin 2013 in earnest, NEast Philly’s goal is to continue to strive to give readers the news they want most in a timely manner and in the most accurate, detailed way possible.
There were many popular stories in 2012, but the most-viewed stories on our site last year had a few things in common: they were concise, informative and NEast Philly was among the first to cover them.
- Excel Academy offers students in the Northeast a second chance – March 3, 2010
- Red-light cameras installed in 3 more Northeast intersections – July 26, 2012
- Police arrest suspect in Mayfair knifepoint robbery – June 11, 2012
- Positive drug test in crash that killed 2 on Bustleton Avenue – Nov. 28, 2012
- Pennypack man arrested for 7-Eleven robbery – Nov. 28, 2012
The busiest day of the year was Jan. 6, the day the Archdiocese of Philadelphia announced wide-spread closures and consolidations of Catholic schools across the city.
With almost 550 new stories in 2012, NEast Philly’s grand total is now more than 2,600.
Thanks to everyone who reads, comments, and interacts with us on Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to bringing you more news in 2013.