Here’s a look at what’s to come on NewsWorks this week:
1. The 28th Annual TD Bank Philadelphia International Cycling Championship kicks off today. NewsWorks will fan out across the course. Check back throughout Sunday for day-of photos and interviews and on Monday for a full recap of the race itself and the results of the community’s continued push to curb rowdiness in Manayunk.
2. After 10 years, Green Woods Charter School will say goodbye this Friday to its home at the Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education in Roxborough. The highly-regarded K-8 school will soon move into a brand new campus that’s being shaped on the site of an inn on Domino Lane. The school will move into the former St. John the Baptist and St. Mary of Assumption schools in Manayunk in the meantime.
3. East Mt. Airy Neighbors will hold its final meeting Tuesday before the civic breaks for summer. Former Inquirer reporter and current contributing editor to the Public School Notebook Dale Mezzacappa will address the audience. Board member elections and the presentation of the Edgar A. Baker Award for outstanding service to the community are also on tap.
4. Friends of the Wissahickon will also be holding its annual meeting next Tuesday. Following a brief meeting with the Board of Directors, Alan Greenberger, executive director of the Philadelphia City Planning Commission, will address the crowd.
5. Lastly, school graduations will be taking place across Northwest Philly next week, including Imhotep Institute Charter High School in Logan and Germantown Friends School. NewsWorks will be on hand for both of those special days. Check back for photos and more.