Here’s a look at what’s to come on NewsWorks this week:
1. Stephen Kinsey took home a Democratic primary win on April 24 in the state’s 201 Legislative District race. Check back this week to learn how the Germantown resident is feeling about his victory and how he plans to approach the job if elected in November.
2. St. Blaise, a new regional Catholic school in Manayunk, was formed in the wake of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia’s decision to close nearby St. Bridget School as part of its ongoing restructuring plan. The school’s principal will be on hand next week for a meet and greet in advance of the new school year.
3. Manayunk and Roxborough residents will continue to explore the possibility of bringing a cooperative food market to the area. This on a heels of a meeting on the subject two weeks ago that drew more than 200 people. Check back next week to learn more about Wednesday’s meeting.
4. East Falls residents will meet next week to discuss the possibility of bringing a dog park to the neighborhood. Recent transplant Annie Grieco has been working towards that goal since the winter. Check back next week to learn about the project’s status.
5. Firefighters based in Germantown hit the streets to raise money for muscular dystrophy this weekend as part of International Firefighters Day. Check back next week for the details.