Here’s a look at what we’ve got coming up this week.
1. Friday night was the season opener of the MLK Cougars football season. After last year’s historic season, the Cougars have been bumped up to PIAA AAAA ball, the sport’s most elite class. Check back for a recap from the team’s first game of the season in Coatesville.
2. Two weeks before the demolition of the Queen Lane Tower in Germantown, neighbors, residents and former residents gathered on Pulaski Avenue and Queen Lane on Saturday to reminisce. Check back for a look at the community gathering.
3. The Philadelphia Fringe Festival kicks off this week and we will have a full look at all-things-Fringe in Northwest Philadelphia. Check back for part one of our roundup this week to see what you can expect out of this year’s neighborhood shows.
4. The latest season of the Old Academy Players in East Falls is about to kick off. Come back for a look at what the group is cooking up this season, what’s new and what the team of actors is looking forward to.
5. Students. teachers and state Rep. Pam DeLissio came together at Cook-Wissahickon school in Roxborough on Thursday night to rally to more funding for the school. We will have a full look at the rally.