The goal of MAP is to get commuters out of the single-occupancy car in order to reduce congestion and air pollution. MAP promotes a number of “green” commuting options including: public transit, carpooling, biking, and walking to and from work.
- Save on payroll taxes
- Strengthen your benefits package
- Boost employee morale and retention
- Help employees get to work on time and with less stress
- Reduce regional traffic congestion and air pollution
- Qualify for “best workplaces” recognitions
Employers can also offer their employees access to a free program called Share-A-Ride, which matches commuters who live and work near each other. Commuters can then set up a carpool and save money on fuel and toll costs. Employers with questions or who are interested in offering any of the programs offered under MAP can contact Nick Rogers at Clean Air Council at (215) 567-4004 x 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article originally posted in the New Kensington Business Newsletter