This week we continue our Streetviews video series with Nora Lichtash, director of the Women’s Community Revitalization Project. Nora talks about the power of coalition advocacy, development without displacement, and encouraging politicians to listen.
- Nora Lichtash: Director, Women’s Community Revitalization Project (WCRP)
- Home Neighborhood: Germantown since 1971
- Favorite Place: The Wissahickon section of Fairmount Park. “I walk there at least once a week, and it doesn’t change much. It’s really beautiful.”
- Three words to describe Philly: Potential. Historic. Strong.
- Local Landmark: Lutheran Settlement House, “where I used to work.”
- Civic Hero: Roxanne Jones, former state senator and leader of the Philadelphia Welfare Rights Organization
Interviewed in Summer 2014.