By the teens John Norris’ silk mills were operating at 1830 E. Madison Street. And over the course of a century the building’s uses evolved: from textiles to a small silversmithing outpost for a shop on Jeweler’s Row to lamp and shade assembly.
CORRECTION 8/9/12: An earlier version of this post wrongly stated that the building was located in Port Richmond. It is in Kensington. PlanPhilly counts the Trenton Avenue rail lines as Port Richmond’s westerly boundary, making this block part of Kensington.