There is quite a bit to examine with fewer than six weeks before voters go to the mayoral-primary polls.
So much, in fact, that we here at NinetyNine have again decided to present the money quotes from recent stories in quiz form. (Don’t worry, the answers are tucked away down.)
Your answer options: mayoral candidates Lynne Abraham, Nelson Diaz, Jim Kenney, Doug Oliver, Milton Street and Tony Williams.
1) “You know, Philadelphians are like Rocky. We may get dropped to the canvas and we just get up and keep on fighting.”
2) “I think just the existence of Marcellus Shale has kept gas prices so low that we as a city can do a much better job of attracting manufacturing jobs to the city.”
3) “I don’t know exactly who it is that’s funding my commercials, but I understand that they are working people. They’re not billionaires.”
4) “Whoever called in with information gave me the wrong time. I went up there at 5 p.m., but it was already over.”
5) “Today, the press will write about us. They should’ve written about all of you: 200-plus engaged committed students at this forum today.”
6) “FB users: Our page is 3 likes from the 500 like milestone. If u haven’t already, pls like our pg & invite ur friends.”
1) Abraham, about fainting on stage at Tuesday night mayoral debate at the Kimmel Center. 2) Oliver, to an energy-hub debate question. 3) Kenney, talking about “dark money” at Tuesday’s debate. 4) Street, about missing Wednesday’s forum at Dobbins High. 5) Williams, at the Dobbins High youth-violence forum. 6) Diaz, in a Twitter call for more Facebook “likes.”